Looking for something?

Saturday, October 8, 2011

In love with Illamasqua!

“Inspired by the cult Asian market Beauty Balm creams, Skin Base Foundation is a brand new, refined formula unlike anything on the UK market. Easily blendable, it effortlessly creates a perfect complexion, and like the entire Illamasqua foundation range, is undetectable in a professional HD environment. Suitable for all skin types, it smoothes, softens and conditions your skin whilst providing natural, buildable coverage”.




Illamasqua launched the New Skin Base Foundation last July this year and I am so ashamed that I didn't even noticed it. Now, it's been raved about and I just got to try it! 


Basically, it was inspired by the Korean BB Creams that became popular throughout Asia for the pimple-healing and whitening properties. In my opinion, I'm not really digging BB Creams. I've tried it thrice and I kinda liked it for the dewiness but I disgust the ghostly white effect it gives me. It's known to lessen acne while giving you medium coverage. 


Not just nice but very good coverage!




The Good :
  1. Loaded with Vitamins C & E. This foundation can help you soak moisture into the skin and lessen the appearance of dull skin.
  2. Wider range of shades.  Unlike the BB Cream,which can only suit fair to light medium skin tones,Illamasqua Skin Base has 18 shades from the fairest to the tannest. you can use the light shades as highlighter and the darks shades for contouring.
  3. Great insane coverage! I know. I had to put an exclamation point! The coverage is so great because it melts through your skin. Even if you have dry patches, your skin will soak it up in a short time and it won't be noticeable. It banishes the red areas on the face and it can pretty much be used as concealer. 
  4. It's without the SPF and whitening ingredient unlike the Asian version. How genius! Not all people like SPF and looking like a porcelain doll. And if you do like SPF, you can always apply separately. Duh.
  5. It feels light on the skin. Although it has great insane coverage, you won't feel like putting on a ton. It's like putting moisturizer. And I can put it easily with my hands,a sponge or any applicator.

The Bad :
  1. It's £25. Which means it's expensive.
  2. It can be a little dewy. So if you're skin is oily, you might need to blot first and remember to set it with powder.




So, would I buy this foundation? Definitely. The finish looks natural,it has vitamins, and I think that's what every skin needs. Plus, it's cruelty-free. 





-VV

No comments:

Post a Comment