Looking for something?

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Prescription --- Lip Balm. To Keep Chapped Lips at Bay.

It's past 6 o clock and I havent ate something after brunch. Now I know why I got chapped lips earlier,I havent eaten nor drank anything else. As I remember touching my "mwah-fiers",I managed to pull my lip balm off my bag immediately and swiped my lips like there's no way Im doing it any later. If you have just seen me swished through the room to get my balm as fast as I can,Im telling you I looked like superwoman who's about to save the day! 


I have constructed a list of the best lip balms so you can smooth out those kissers too! Now,I dont have a specific balm that I'm going gaga over for the only reason that all lip balms,in my opinon,works well and Im okay with anything as long as it moisturizes,protects and stays on for long. And I really don't mind the colors. 




1. Blistex Medicated Berry Balm, $1.80.


Best when applied before going to bed and sun exposure.
Some ingredients are beeswax,methylparaben & seed butter.

What I like about this lip balm is the smell and the longevity of the result. I even hear some people complimenting how great these lip balm tastes! I do love mints in my balm and this one has a non-irritating amount of mint in it. I have tried other balms but one thing I was very annoyed about was that the mint was overpowering the balm itself. There was one time I felt my lips were burning,but with this medicated balm,I can relaxingly reapply without having to worry about getting "mint burns".

2. Nivea Soft Rose, $1.50
Best when applied whenever you need to have moisturized lips pronto! 
Some ingredients are jojoba oil

I swear I said I dont mind the color but when I tried this one day,I took the color into consideration when it comes to picking up my holy grail lip balm. I mean colorless is fine but this would be better too and it works as well as my other lip balms. It left me with a subtle pink dewy tint on my lips. It is more on the side of having natural ingredients. And the smell? Smells like a soft delicate rose.
 Hint : Im using it right now. :)

3. Burt'sBee's Beeswax Lip Balm, $3
Try the red-capped one. It gives lips a nice sheer berry color,almost looks like you're wearing nothing.

No wonder this is LIndsay Lohan's and Scarlet Johansson's favorite lip balm to sport when they're just going out on a casual day. The ones Ive tried has mint in it and I dont know if my lips are just sensitive or what but I kinda felt tingly. Good thing it goes off after several minutes. 

4. Carmex 

Makes your lips revived.

I was in an air-conditioned room when I first tried this one. After several minutes,I noticed a slight minty feeling on my lips. I looked at the mirror and I saw my lips like I put lipgloss on. The thin skin on my lips were refreshed and renewed (kind of?). 


5. EOS 
Is it all just a hype?

Now this one,I haven't tried but from all the reviews Im hearing,most of the ladies loved it. But then I also heard that it wasn't really that great. Was it just really hyped it up? From the looks of it,I think it probably has some beeswax? Im not sure but what I like about it is the cute and unique packaging. Im gonna try this soon! 



-VV



No comments:

Post a Comment